top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

#1 What do I bring?


I would suggest the following:

--Your firearm or bow


--Hunter orange vest/jacket and hat to wear while travelling to and from bait sites (required by law)

--Knife (required by law)

--Hunting Clothes (camo gear)

--Layers of Clothes

--Warm gloves/headwear

--Rain suit

--Boots/camp shoes

--Water bottle

--Camera/Video camera

--Compass (required by law)

--Source of flame (required by law)


--Personal toiletry items

This is a general list of items I would recommend you have on hand; however, use your own judgment for personal preference.


#2 What are the odds of a successful hunt?


 I cannot guarantee anyone a successful hunt. The odds of seeing a bear are very high but the success/expectations ultimately lie with the hunter.


#3 Do I need to pay up front?


My payment policy is to pay 50% down at time of booking and the other 50% 30 days prior to arrival. There will not be any refunds if you do not show on the date you are booked unless the borders are closed; however, in the event of a cancellation, deposits may be transferred to another individual to come in your place. In the event I have to cancel your trip you will receive a refund for any deposit or full paid trip.

#4 How is the weather in September?


Generally speaking September is a fairly mild month. Past experience tells me you will only need to dress light; however, this is Eastern Canada and a cold front could very easily roll in so come prepared.

#5 What do I need to bring to get a non-resident hunting license?

You must ensure you have a hunting safety course certification for bow or firearm whichever you will be using or  bring a hunting license from another hunt you have been on within the past 2 years. As well, a valid drivers license or government piece of identification.


#6 How do I get my gun into Canada?


You must ensure you read the link I have attached under the heading “Regulations" It is a very simple procedure and you must have the form completed for presentation to a customs officer. I recommend you sign the form after a customs officer inspects your non-restricted firearm. You should not sign the form prior to going through customs.


#7 Do I need a special permit for my bow?




#8 What caliber rifle or bow draw weight do I need?


Just bring the rifle (non-restricted firearm) and ammunition you are most comfortable with, in other words, what you normally hunt with. Remember, you are only shooting 50 yards with your rifle. With a bow, you will be shooting 30 yards or less, the bow weight recommended is nothing less than 50 pounds.


#9 Will alcohol beverages be available?


Some will be provided for after you fill your tag but each client shall be responsible to provide their own; however, if there is the slightest smell of alcohol on a client all hunting and fishing privileges shall be revoked for the day for that client. This is a very strict policy with my camp.


If there are any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

bottom of page